Dr. Colton completed his undergraduate work at Middlebury College in Vermont. He received his medical degree from the University of Minnesota. His internship, residency and fellowship were completed at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. The last year of fellowship was spent as chief fellow and pancreatobiliary therapeutic endoscopy fellow.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Treatment for Hemorrhoids
- Colonoscopy Polyp measurements
- Founded the MNGI Digestive Health Hemorrhoid Clinic and continues as chairperson.
- A founding member of the MNGI Digestive Health Crohn’s and Colitis Committee.
- Participating author in the American Gastroenterology Association publication on psychosocial factors in the care of patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Published numerous peer-reviewed articles on improving polyp measurements during colonoscopy.
- Co-founded the MNGI Digestive Health Green Team exploring ways to reduce environmental footprint.
- Published the largest study to date on quality indicators and outcomes of ERCP in community practice.
Education and Training
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center – Internship, Residency and Fellowship
- University of Minnesota – Medical Degree
- Middlebury College- Undergraduate Degree
Dr. Colton mostly enjoys spending time with his family. He also enjoys book clubs, wilderness travel, mountain biking, downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, polar-plunges, and tennis.
Hudson Physicians Specialty Center – 2651 Hillcrest Drive, Hudson, WI 54016